Continuing To Produce For The American People
A Growing List Of Achievements By The 115th Congress
SENATE MAJORITY LEADER MITCH McCONNELL (R-KY): “One bill after another, one confirmation after another, the Senate continues to produce major accomplishments that will directly improve the lives of the American people.” (Sen. McConnell, Remarks, 5/24/2018)
With More To Come, Here’s A Look At Some Of The Legislative Highlights Of The 115th Congress
- TAX REFORM: Reformed America’s tax code for the first time in 31 years - putting more money in the American people’s pockets and creating more opportunity for them and their children.
- JUDGES: Set a record last year on circuit court confirmations. Now up to a total of 21 circuit court confirmations so far, which is one-eighth of all circuit court judgeships, and confirmed Justice Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
- REGULATORY REFORM: Used Congressional Review Act (CRA) a record-setting 16 times to roll back Obama-era regulations.
- ENERGY: Opened one of the largest untapped conventional oilfields in North America, in Alaska, to help keep energy affordable.
- VETERANS: Delivered real reform and real choice to American veterans with the VA MISSION Act, modernized the veterans appeals process, reformed G.I. bill benefits and further improved VA accountability.
- DEFENSE: Helped restore America’s defense with the greatest investment in the military in 15 years and largest troop pay increase in 8 years.
- HEALTHCARE FOR CHILDREN: Enacted the longest S-CHIP extension in history.
- BANKING REFORM: Provided relief from burdensome Dodd-Frank red tape for Main Street borrowers and lenders for the first time.
- COMBATING OPIOID ABUSE: Enacted ‘a multibillion-dollar boost’ to combat a nationwide epidemic.
- HOPE FOR THE TERMINALLY ILL: Provided terminally ill patients access to experimental treatments (Right to Try legislation).
- SCHOOL SAFETY: Enacted Fix NICS and STOP School Violence Act to help protect America’s children from gun violence.
- FIGHTING SEX TRAFFICKING: Enacted the Stop Enabling Sex Trafficking Act (SESTA) to combat trafficking.
- OBAMACARE: Repealed the individual mandate tax that forced Americans to buy something many didn’t want or couldn’t afford, and ended IPAB.
- FIGHTING TERRORISM: Enacted the Taylor Force Act to disincentivize payments to terrorists.
- SANCTIONS: Imposed on Iran, Russia, and North Korea.
- REINING IN THE REGULATORS: Changed the balance of numerous boards and commissions from Democrat to Republican control, including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
SENATE REPUBLICAN COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
Related Issues: Regulations, Russia, Economy, America's Military, North Korea, Energy, Israel, Health Care, Judicial Nominations, Jobs, Obamacare, Iran, Veterans